Uncompahgre Sept 11

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
stillwell
14ers: 34 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Uncompahgre Sept 11

Post by stillwell »

I am planning on climbing Uncompahgre Sept. 11 and had a couple of questions. I have a Chevy 2500 pick up, from what I can tell, I should have no problem getting to the upper traialhead, is that right? We are staying in town, how long does it take to get to the trailhead? 3rd, what is the best place to get a beer in town afterward? Any help on these would be greatly appreciated
BAUMGARA
14ers: 58  6  5 
13ers: 22 1 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Uncompahgre Sept 11

Post by BAUMGARA »

1.) This past weekend I saw a Lexus RX 330 and an MDX at the trailhead. You won't have a problem with a truck.
2.) About 45 minutes.
3.) Hmmm....I like the Packer Saloon on Silver St, just past 3rd.
stillwell
14ers: 34 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by stillwell »

Thank you!
PKelley
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 208 3
Trip Reports (6)

Post by PKelley »

The new Restless Spirits Saloon on 3rd Street now has over 100 different beers to choose from. They also have some of the best beer prices in town. Try it out, nicest bar in town hands down.
The Dalai Lama when asked what surprised him most about humanity:
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”