Longs Peak

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Longs Peak

Post by Winter8000m »

Anyone have any recent photo's of Longs Peak from Chasm Lake or MLW? Please post them if you do or send them to me.

Thanks!
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
sivadselim
14ers: 1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Longs Peak

Post by sivadselim »

What is "recent"?
Winter8000m
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

I mean like in the last week. Really recent pictures.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

I have one on the other Longs thread but it is from the south.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

winter8000: Large group heading up Longs Sunday, but just the Keyhole, not diverting at Chasm Junction. You are welcome to join if you'd like. FWIW, I was up in the Chasm last January and Martha was lean to the point of ice-less. Not sure of your intended line, but I doubt it's much better.
-Tom
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

There is also a group heading up Sat. We're doing keyhole also but if we turn around due to unfavorable conditions we'll do LW and I'll post some photos.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
Winter8000m
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

I'll be actually up there Saturday also. Favorable conditions are looking like Saturday. I was up there a few weeks ago for the Martha Couloir. Unfortuantly, everything was dry and not much snow. But there has been a lot more snow since. So I was wondering how the East Face looked recently as far as snow. A lot more I'm guessing?

John Prater
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 343 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by John Prater »

TR (not mine) with link to photos from last Saturday: Meeker/Longs
Winter8000m
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

John Prater wrote:TR (not mine) with link to photos from last Saturday: Meeker/Longs
John,

Thanks! The pictures work great!

Ridge runner
14ers: 49  12 
13ers: 100 1
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Ridge runner »

Those of you going up Saturday, can you take a look at the snow conditions in the Glacier Gorge area if visibility allows? I'm particularly interested in Arrowhead, McHenrys, Chiefs Head, and Pagoda. Thanks!

Stephanie
LongLiveTheHuskers
14ers: 9  2 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by LongLiveTheHuskers »

Went for a solo summit bid on Thursday. The climb came to an end when a crampon broke loose and sent me for a ride after it became detached on the Ledges near the base of the Trough...hard to self arrest into solid rock. I'm still thanking the Man upstairs. I believe I learned more in those five minutes than I have in the last four years of mountaineering combined.

TomPierce: Thanks again for the advice and vote of confidence. The gameplan changed a little, but I feel the odds were in my favor for a successful summit had chaos not happened. Best of luck to you and your crew up there this weekend!

David Conneally: Damn good to run into you up there. Thanks for sharing your real estate in Goblins Forest...that solar device you had was something else. We'll have to get together in the PNW this summer sometime. Take care buddy!

Below are some pics for current beta from yesterday...looks like i'll have to post these 3 at a time. Hope these help. Goodluck to all this weekend.
Attachments
AboveTreeline.jpg
AboveTreeline.jpg (47.05 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
Longs&LadyWash.jpg
Longs&LadyWash.jpg (50.56 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
FromChasm.jpg
FromChasm.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
BRING THE TROPHIES BACK TO LINCOLN - 76 Days Till Kickoff
LongLiveTheHuskers
14ers: 9  2 
Trip Reports (5)