Most Beautiful 14er Hikes

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
asrick
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Most Beautiful 14er Hikes

Post by asrick »

Of the 10 I've done, I thought Grays and Torreys were the prettiest. Planning on adding Elbert to the list this weekend so we'll see if that changes.
Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

Apologies as it's not a 14er, but I thought Parry Peak near Winter Park actually had one of the most impressive summit views I have seen.
codogg81
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by codogg81 »

Best views are from Humboldt and Huron!!! Though I've only experienced 21 of them. I've yet to hit the elks or San Juans. Popular opinion says they're the shiz nit
Traveler
14ers: 30 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Traveler »

ontopoftheworld wrote:The most beautiful one for me is the one I'm currently climbing. I can't remember being on a 14er and not being amazed by the views.
+1 That is what gets me up at 4am to go climb another mountain on the weekend.
Last edited by Traveler on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haybo01
14ers: 37 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Post by haybo01 »

My two favorite to date are Humboldt and Sneffels.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Capitol via Pierre Lakes with a return over Haystack. Pretty crowd-free too.
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
Michael J
14ers: 58 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Michael J »

The standard approach [east slopes] to Snowmass is the prettiest hike of a 14er to me, followed by the approach to Capitol from the standard trailhead.

"I've often heard a voice call down to me
If you'd climb higher you'd find wondrous things to see..."