Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Drive time to Stewart Creek TH (San Luis Peak)

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info. 14er Trip Reports, Condition Reports

Drive time to Stewart Creek TH (San Luis Peak)

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 am

For those of you who have been to the Stewart Creek TH for San Luis Peak -- about how long does it normally take to reach the trailhead once you turn off of CO 114? Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Drive time to Stewart Creek TH (San Luis Peak)

Postby covfrrider » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:38 am

All depends on how fast you drive on dirt roads... the roads are pretty smooth, some water bars and a few rougher sections. Plan an hour, but will probably be less than that. I have a Ford F-150 4x4 and am comfortable driving fast on dirt roads, I think it took us about 30 to 40 minutes once we left the pavement.

Re: Drive time to Stewart Creek TH (San Luis Peak)

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 am

covfrrider wrote:All depends on how fast you drive on dirt roads... the roads are pretty smooth, some water bars and a few rougher sections. Plan an hour, but will probably be less than that. I have a Ford F-150 4x4 and am comfortable driving fast on dirt roads, I think it took us about 30 to 40 minutes once we left the pavement.

Thanks! :D