Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Bell Chord or Sneffels conditions?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Bell Chord or Sneffels conditions?

Postby Ridge runner » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Did anyone go up the Bell Chord this weekend? How's the snow? Is there much on the traverse still?

What about the Snake couloir on Sneffels?

Re: Bell Chord or Sneffels conditions?

Postby taylorzs » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 am

I was up on Sneffels last week and there was plenty of snow in the north facing coulior(which I believe is the snake). There were several ski tracks in it, I could tell people had been climbing the Lavender Col and rappeling into the north facing coulior quite recently. It generally retains snow very late into June. We did the Lavender Col, snow was starting to get patchy here but we were able to link turns all the down into Yankee Boy Basin. I would think that line could be a little spotty now though. the north facing couliors would be a better bet. Have fun
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com
www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com