Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er first snowboard descents project

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

14er first snowboard descents project

Postby taylorzs » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

I am looking at putting together an online database of first 14er snowboard descents in Colorado and would like to talk to anyone who thinks they may have done first descents of peaks or first descents of new routes on peaks already ridden as well. This is not a competition thing, its a history thing(and Id like to know what hasn't been done for myself).
My idea is to basically put together a page for each peak listing the first descent and subsequent first descents of new routes of each 14er with pics and dates from who ever ends up with the earliest dates of each route. So if you think that there is any chance you may have done a first descent whether the original or of a new route let me know, I'll compare it to the info I get from others and start trying to get an idea of when and who the first descents were done by. This is just in the beginning stages and I am open to ideas of how to go about putting it all together but am most interstested in any info you could provide regarding you and any of your friends that have spent time doing these descents. If you have this information send me a pm through this webpage or e-mail me at taylorzs@live.com . Thanks in advance for any first snowboard descent information provided. Thanks, Zach
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com
www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com