Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

FYI - Mt. Democrat North Face Conditions

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

FYI - Mt. Democrat North Face Conditions

Postby jennster » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello All,

Was up near Platte Gulch today, and although my partner and I had to turn back (bad boots = very sore feet), we did get a glimpse of Democrat's North Couloirs and they look spectacular! They have definitely gotten snow this past week. I would leave the skins at home - by the looks of it, you can't even string together a mini track. Sorry no pic - my file size is too big. Have fun!

~Jenn

Re: FYI - Mt. Democrat North Face Conditions

Postby jennster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Just an update to my initial post - climbed and rode down the Nordwand on Friday, June 12th. We had spectacular snow. Ridable/Skiable from the summit. I'm still smiling. Have fun if anyone decides to go - should be great for days to come!

Postby Lamewad » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Do you know anything about the conditions for these peaks from Kite Lake? I'm hoping to climb them tomorrow.

Postby jennster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 pm

I do not - came in from Montgomery Reservoir. KeithK just posted a trip report though - I believe from yesterday. That should give you a better idea. Have fun if you go!