Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denali

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Denali

Postby tbnike27 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:58 pm

I am currently a college student at CU Boulder studying environmental engineering and was hoping to climb Denali May '11. However, as you have noticed I am in college, and thus broke, does anybody know if there is a way to raise money/get sponsored for this climb besides a summer job (which I am currently working to pay for college)
"If you're not living life on the edge then you're taking up too much space"

Re: Denali

Postby sburke16 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 pm

tbnike27 wrote:I am currently a college student at CU Boulder studying environmental engineering and was hoping to climb Denali May '11. However, as you have noticed I am in college, and thus broke, does anybody know if there is a way to raise money/get sponsored for this climb besides a summer job (which I am currently working to pay for college)

http://www.summitforsomeone.org/main.php

Re: Denali

Postby sandman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:43 am

If you were interested, you could apply for a job with the park service and you would basically be a junior ranger up at 14k or basin camp. You would help the rangers up there with lots of work. This would be a great way for a college student to both get some cold weather camping and high altitude living. Then next climbing season you may be in a better position to climb. You will make tons of connections up there.
"Going home is not an option"