Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

denali???

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: denali???

Postby susanjoypaul » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Haliku wrote:The Alaska climbing book from Supertopo.com is also well worth the money. Check out the NPS site for all the info you need. Summitpost has plenty of beta for anyone planning for a visit up north. Cheers!

What do you know about Denali? You haven't been up there in days!

mtgirl wrote:Here is Joshua's address from a post he made yesterday. I just mailed him a copy of Halfway to Heaven, Touching the Void, and The Last Season. He likes to read. He and his fellow soldiers always appreciate receiving packages from the states.

joshua ross
apache troop, tf 3-61 cav
(2nd platoon, OP Mace)
fob bostick
APO AE 09354

Thanks mtgirl - I'll add to this with a copy of "Into the Wild."

Postby jniehof » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 am

gme wrote:Therefore many people strongly recommend that as a part of your training for Denali that you take every opportunity to camp out in the worst winter weather you can find in the Lower 48.

Winter Presi Traverse. (Disclaimer: I have not been out with Chauvin, but he's got an excellent rep, and his presi traverse pages are useful whether or not you go guided.)

Take a look at this SP trip report for Denali.

Postby j83soldier » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 am

holy s**t i quit, im done. no more army bs. im sorry i started it. I was just resourcing to find info about a mountain and guide services not pimp myself or my job I appreaciate the support but lets stop because it will end in political bs just like my first post were all i wanted to do say say bye to a few friends all at once. I do not want this forum to turn into another mountain buzz.

Postby TomPierce » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:48 am

Hey j83soldier: Any interest in the Denali books mentioned above? I think they'd be a great starting point, guided climb or not. Good resources gathering dust on our bookshelves but I think I speak for the group in that we don't want to send you stuff you have no interest in. Let us know,
-Tom

Postby j83soldier » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 am

yea bro i am most deffintly interested in those books. the onlything i do better than climbing and kayaking is being an armchair mountaineer. thanks alot

Previous