Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

IPW Couloir Conditions?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

IPW Couloir Conditions?

Postby astrobassman » Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm

I was thinking of doing a couloir climb in the Indian Peaks this weekend. Does anyone know how the snow is forming up there? I'm looking at hitting one of the couloirs on Neva or Jasper. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and haven't tracked conditions. Also, at this point I'll be going solo, so if anyone wants to join me let me know.

Re: IPW Couloir Conditions?

Postby ajkagy » Tue May 26, 2009 5:54 pm

astrobassman wrote:I was thinking of doing a couloir climb in the Indian Peaks this weekend. Does anyone know how the snow is forming up there? I'm looking at hitting one of the couloirs on Neva or Jasper. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and haven't tracked conditions. Also, at this point I'll be going solo, so if anyone wants to join me let me know.

Haven't been up the 4th of July trail yet this spring, but i know James/Bancroft were looking very good a few weeks ago. Here are a few shots from Apache to Audubon on the 16th of May. Crooked couloir looked really nice that day, I imagine they would have gotten a bit more snow above 11k ft from this last weekend.

Toll, Paiute, Audubon
mtToll 009.jpg
mtToll 009.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 240 times

Audubon
mtToll 010.jpg
mtToll 010.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 240 times

Paiute
mtToll 016.jpg
mtToll 016.jpg (74.07 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Good corn had by all that day.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.