Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Barr Trail

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Barr Trail

Postby bbjenn » Sun May 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Has anyone recently climbed the peak on Barr Trail. My husband and I are planning on climbing the first week in June. We are wondering how easy it is to travel above the tree line with all that snow?.?.

Re: Barr Trail

Postby jimlup » Sun May 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Some one here will have much better beta than me but I'll bet the snow will be almost all gone on the Barr trail by June 1...maybe some mud still. Anybody have any recent pics?
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...

Postby mozartmutt » Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 pm

with all the rain/snow that has fallen over this past weekend, i think you should plan on covering some snowfields..... its still looked very white up there today! temps arent supposed to be all that warm over the next week. so, it might be just mushy snowfields, or likely deep snowfields...... but snowfields for sure! happy trails!

Postby jeffskio » Sun May 24, 2009 10:36 pm

I was just up Barr trail this past Saturday and Sunday and 20 out of 20 in our group reached the summit. From A frame on we boot packed but had trouble finding the trail past the Cirque. If you don't know the trail you could have problems. There is still a lot of snow up there and you can post hole to your waist near the top. Ill write more of an update later when I unpack and post some pictures.

Postby Aubrey » Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 am

Climbed it last weekend ... check out my trip report ...