Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Best Posthole Picture

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Best Posthole Picture

Postby Carl » Thu May 21, 2009 12:40 pm

The quality is poor and I've posted it once before, but I think it's worth sharing again. In route to the Bierstadt trailhead May 2007.

Postby Kojones » Thu May 21, 2009 12:45 pm

mountainmicah83 wrote:Image
This is my brother in law on Memorial Day 2007 in an attempt to climb Blanca. He and my wife thought it wasn't necessary to bring the snowshoes that we rented from REI. :D Won't make that mistake again!

Jeans (and what looks to be a cotton t-shirt) on a postholing day. That sounds enjoyable!!!!

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby Jon Frohlich » Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Aubrey wrote:
globreal wrote:Very interesting POV shot! =D>

+1 Good thing you had a Nalgene on your waist -- looks like it provided some flotation. :D

And some color. It takes a real man to have a bright pink nalgene and show it off to everyone. :D

Postby mountainmicah83 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:53 pm

"Jeans (and what looks to be a cotton t-shirt) on a postholing day."

That was when we were young and dumb about climbing peaks. I still have a lot to learn, but not wearing cotton is checked off on the list.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby covfrrider » Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

I know it's not snow... but what the hell!

Postby gdthomas » Thu May 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Wesley wrote:The quality is poor and I've posted it once before, but I think it's worth sharing again. In route to the Bierstadt trailhead May 2007.

We have a winner!

Postby akmpolsen » Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Jon Frohlich wrote:
Aubrey wrote:
globreal wrote:Very interesting POV shot! =D>

+1 Good thing you had a Nalgene on your waist -- looks like it provided some flotation. :D

And some color. It takes a real man to have a bright pink nalgene and show it off to everyone. :D

OK, there is a reasonable explanation... I actually found the Nalgene on the trail on the way down. At the parking lot, there were a couple of women and it turned out it belonged to one of them. I am pretty certain they thought I was trying to steal it or something because the derisive glares I received were nearly as painful as digging snowshoes out of the Slurpee that the mountainside had become.

Postby JA_son27 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:46 pm

That last picture on the 2nd page is the funniest thing, that guy has some dedication! I can't comprehend what he was thinking, "woops up to the knees, well lets push through........ouch ok up to the waist, well maybe a little furth.............ok ok up to the neck now, nah don't want to turn around, lets just dig a cave through it." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matt 25:40

Postby peakmind » Thu May 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Soft snow is tough, but nothing is worse than the Willows...acts like snowshoe velcro.

CG_old

Postby CG_old » Thu May 21, 2009 3:03 pm

This is what a couple hours of post-holing through an icy breakable crust does to uncovered legs... a friend of mine on the CT last spring:

Postby USAKeller » Thu May 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Susan- that's a funny photo!
Gerber- that's CRAZY.

Man Down on Mt. Bierstadt:
BillMiddlebrook post-holes crotch-deep in Bierstadt's willows last weekend:
IMG_0665-2.jpg
IMG_0665-2.jpg (133.08 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby Aubrey » Thu May 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Man, this thread is cracking me up! Even the bloody-legs one is morbidly funny. Thanks for the afternoon laughs everyone.

PreviousNext