Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

I'm keeping your Leatherman

Post lost and found items here.

I'm keeping your Leatherman

Postby joe-g » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 pm

I found your small blue leatherman tool near the summit of Maroon Peak in 2006. I am not giving it back. I am just letting everyone know.
I have been using it as my pocket tool box, and have my Pontiac Sunfire key attached to it. (yes, I know Sunfires are girly cars, but I'm not buying a pickup truck to define who I am)
I have been carrying that Leatherman off and on for 7 years now and it is now mine.
Let me know if it is yours, so I can see who it used to belong to.

Re: I'm keeping your Leatherman

Postby Dakota » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Props on the Sunfire. I had one throughout college and some, about 7 years. I drove the wheels off that thing. Blazed trails through white out blizzards on North Dakota highways (as long as I had enough speed). =D>

Oddly I also had a blue leatherman juice that has been missing for about that amount of time, however I have never been to the bells. Now that you mention it, I wonder where mine is. :-k
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein

Postby Tortoise1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am

It's much to your credit that you did not officially appropriate it for seven years. A lesser man would surely have taken it much sooner.

Postby forbins_mtn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 am

I like this thread!

I found some cheap crappy Smith goggles on top of Loveland Pass last winter and have kept them. I have worn them on a few occasions and I want the owner to know that they really suck and get foggy in two seconds. The foam seal is coming off and whoever the original owner was didn't take good care of them. But, they've been on some great climbs and somehow I always end up in my sunglasses anyway.

Postby Steve Climber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

This thread wins this morning. That is all.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby myfeetrock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 am

I found some oakleys on pyramid a few years ago and I tried to give the up but no one wanted them.

Postby pvnisher » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I found a gray EndZone 1/2-zip fleece wadded in the corner of the music room in 7th grade (1997) and wore it as recently as 2 weeks ago. But every time I wear it I do feel a bit guilty. :oops:

Postby Voodoo302 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:55 pm

I lost some Oakleys on Longs about two years ago. If you've found them I'd like them back plus some money for rent. I don't leave my things in the mountains just for others to use for free.

Postby moneymike » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 pm

"Marge! Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!"

Homer Simpson

Postby Tory Wells » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:04 pm

I found a TNF ski coat on La Plata several years ago, which some noob carried up there and lost in the heart of summer, not a patch of snow around. Sadly, it is too small for me so I've been looking for someone to give it to.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

Postby 81trucolors » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 pm

So funny. I also found something and posted to this forum. I got much more joy out of the responses than what the item brought me. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=37448

Postby 12ersRule » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm

I outgrew them quickly, but here you go: