Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

FOUND: KU hat Mt. Massive TH

Post lost and found items here.

Re: FOUND: KU hat Mt. Massive TH

Postby Hungry Jack » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:58 am

As a St Louis native and Cardinal fan, I can attest to the prevalence of jorts among Missourians. But the faux rivalry between collegiate Jayhawkers and Tigers takes mass retardation to a whole new level. I doubt the average college student today who wears Tiger black and gold or Jayhawk blue has any clue about what went on in the days of William Quantrill and Josey Wales.

Postby Wheesnah23 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:35 pm

thats awesome!! im a jay hawk fan!!

Postby Wheesnah23 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

and i do know about william clarke quantrill.

Postby Wheesnah23 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:37 pm

jgradygroove wrote:FOUND: KU hat Mt. Massive TH
I found a Kansas University (Rock chalk, Jayhawk? something like that. Go Temple Owls...hoot hoot!) at the Massive TH. it's light grey in front w/ a black back/black KU letters on front. there's an autograph on the top of the brim--"Mario (something)." Inside of brim says Trever M (maybe 'H'?).

*university of kansas

Postby tlongpine » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:28 pm

tlongpine wrote:Less than a mile along the Bear Lake trail in RMNP you'll see the initials "KSU" carved into a trailside tree.

I stand corrected. "K State" along the trail to Flat Top.
IMG_5712.jpg
IMG_5712.jpg (204.08 KiB) Viewed 200 times
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.

Postby thedudeabides » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Hungry Jack wrote:As a St Louis native and Cardinal fan, I can attest to the prevalence of jorts among Missourians. But the faux rivalry between collegiate Jayhawkers and Tigers takes mass retardation to a whole new level. I doubt the average college student today who wears Tiger black and gold or Jayhawk blue has any clue about what went on in the days of William Quantrill and Josey Wales.

As a Mizzou student I can attest that most of us do know about the days of Quantrill's Raiders, but that doesn't change the fact that the rivalry is ridiculous. But while I'm here I can throw in an obligatory (albeit overused and annoying as hell)....

MIZ-....
“It's hard and it's dangerous, but it's really simple. You have this mountain, and you just want to go up there.”

-Ueli Steck

Postby TallGrass » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:16 am

Wheesnah23 wrote:
jgradygroove wrote:I found a Kansas University. ...
*university of kansas
University of Kansas or Kansas University are both trademarked, registered, and acceptable though some see more use than others. Note it's KU, not UK, nor UoK. Even just "Kansas" in certain contexts is trademarked (e.g. collegiate font across front or back of shirt ala jersey). Many universities of any considerable age have gone by different names in the past (e.g. Kansas State Agricultural College).
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Previous