Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Abandoned and recovered

Post lost and found items here.

Abandoned and recovered

Postby Wyoming Bob » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 am

A note of appreciation to the forum community in general and a couple climbers in particular. Climbed Dallas Peak back in June and left a cam in place. A bad size selection on my part and my second could not recover it. I chalked it up to poor judgment and accepted the loss, no further thought. I noted the cam in my TR, as I generally note my various screw-ups (forgot boots, forgot map, broke ankle) but did not expect the cam to return home. Over the course of the summer, several 14er.com members contacted me by PM after trying to remove and return the cam or in the last case, removing it and inquiring of my mailing address to return it.

With these contacts and experiences in hand, I have experienced first hand the fellowship that exists within this on line community and the courtesies extended between members. That's a good thing . . . and I will make an effort to pay the courtesies forward. Thank you.
Wyoming Bob
www.climbingwithbob.com
Win some . . . lose some . . . CaSO4.2H2O.

Re: Abandoned and recovered

Postby 14erFred » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Indeed this forum includes many wonderful people who give much of themselves to others. Your heartfelt expression of gratitude reflects the spirit of kindness and generosity that is often evident here. Blessings and good karma to you, my friend, now and always.

Postby mike_kadow » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 pm

14erFred wrote:Indeed this forum includes many wonderful people who give much of themselves to others. Your heartfelt expression of gratitude reflects the spirit of kindness and generosity that is often evident here. Blessings and good karma to you, my friend, now and always.

+1,000 to both of you.

I've been waiting all day for someone to articulate better than I could.

Postby zeekzilch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Wyoming Bob,

I'm glad to have been of service! Unfortunately I've had way too much experience prying gear out of cracks so this one came out pretty fast. To his credit, Uwe won (or lost, depending on your perspective!) a coin toss so he's the one who put the effort into contacting you. The following is a photo of me on the summit with your newly recovered SLCD in hand:

Thank you for paying it forward!

Roger J. Wendell aka ZeekZilch
http://www.rogerwendell.com
Roger J. Wendell
206-202-2212
P.O. Box 17174
Golden, Colorado 80402
email: http://www.rogerwendell.com/contact.asp

Postby Wyoming Bob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 am

Roger,

A big thanks to you both!