Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

LOST: Wedding Ring on Mt. Evans

Post lost and found items here.

LOST: Wedding Ring on Mt. Evans

Postby mdwoodland » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Please help! Today we hiked Mt. Evans from Mt. Spaulding. As we were approaching the West Ridge, Jennifer, my fiance, commented on how she wore her ring on the hike. To avoid scratching it, I put the ring in my zippered cargo pocket in my shorts at the West Ridge, we proceeded to the summit, and then descended down the NE Face. When we got back to the car, I felt for the ring and it was gone. I then notice a hole in the seam of the pocket just big enough for the ring to slip through. These were newer shorts, so I never thought to check the pocket for a hole. Now I can't stop beating myself up. We are so upset at the sentimental and financial loss of the ring. If you find it, please call, message, or email me and I will pay you a reward.

Thank you,

Mike
303-378-0082
mdwoodland@comcast.net
Last edited by mdwoodland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
“There are two kinds of climbers, those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

Re: LOST: Wedding Ring on Mt. Evans

Postby jasonmiller » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm

mdwoodland wrote:Please help! Today we hiked Mt. Evans from Mt. Spaulding. As we were approaching the West Ridge, Jennifer, my fiance, commented on how she wore her ring on the hike. To avoid scratching it, I put the ring in my zippered cargo pocket in my shorts at the West Ridge, we proceeded to the summit, and then descended down the NE Face. When we got back to the car, I felt for the ring and it was gone. I then notice a hole in the seam of the pocket just big enough for the ring to slip through. These were newer shorts, so I never thought to check the pocket for a hole. Now I can stop beating myself up. We are so upset at the sentimental and financial loss of the ring. The diamond is laser-inscribed with tracking numbers for traceability, but that does us no good when it is at the top of a mountain. If you find it, please call, message, or email me and I will pay you a reward.

Thank you,

Mike
303-378-0082
mdwoodland@comcast.net

Gosh Mike, that is horrible, tomorrow we will be up there and I will tell my whole party to keep there eyes open for it... wish us luck
"It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop."

Postby mdwoodland » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

On the west ridge, we were hiking/scrambling on the rock between the main trail and the top of the ridge. When we were descending the west face, we started off on the talus to the left of the scree on the NE face. After a hundred yards or so, we traversed over to the scree slope. I have a map with a red line drawn in, showing our route when the ring was supposed to be in my pocket. If you would like, send me your email address and I'll send you the map.

Mike
Last edited by mdwoodland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of climbers, those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

Postby Scott P » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 pm

How terrible. I wish you the best of luck in finding it.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby jasonmiller » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 am

mdwoodland wrote:On the west ridge, we were hiking/scrambling on the rock between the main trail and the top of the ridge. When we were descending the west face, we started off on the talus to the left of the scree on the west face. After a hundred yards or so, we traversed over to the scree slope. I have a map with a red line drawn in, showing our route when the ring was supposed to be in my pocket. If you would like, send me your email address and I'll send you the map.

Mike

Mike, my email is jason@jasonmiller.com... Please send..
"It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop."