Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lost ski on Torreys

Post lost and found items here.

Lost ski on Torreys

Postby ivegotmoxie » Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I lost my ski this morning. It went careening off the e face of Torrey's while I was adjusting my boot, preparing to ski down. The ski is a red and white Ski Trab Tour Rando with Trab (dynafit style) tech binding.

I think it may be on the e face somewhere, but the snow was softening up by the time I got down, and I wasn't trying to post hole in Avy terrain all afternoon. I'm hoping to head up tomorrow morning to take a look, but if somebody found it then let me know!

I love buying people beers.

Re: Lost ski on Torreys

Postby Mrwaffles989 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 am

I lost two skis up on torreys a while back...I think Bill put my thread in the hall of fame...

Anyways I went back up and recovered one of my skis. Someone else found the other one, posted about it on 14ers, ignored all my messages, posted a trip report, and refused to return it.

I hope you find yours. It sucks it just rolled off. The one I retrieved was a fairly easy mission,
http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=6985&parmuser=Mrwaffles989&cpgm=tripuser

Good luck brother.

Postby Snowgirl » Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Is there even good enough conditions to warrant bringing skis anymore? I wonder if the Dynafit bindings will survive the tumbling...
Such things for example as the grasp of a child's hand in your own, the flavor of an apple, the embrace of a friend or lover...sunlight on rock and leaves, the feel of music, the bark of a tree, the abrasion of granite and sand, the plunge of clear water into a pool, the face of the wind--- what else is there? What else do we need?
--Edward Abbey

Postby ajkagy » Fri May 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Snowgirl wrote:Is there even good enough conditions to warrant bringing skis anymore? I wonder if the Dynafit bindings will survive the tumbling...

my dynafits are tough as nails after 4 solid season of use, i thought it was still ski-able up there?
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby ivegotmoxie » Fri May 25, 2012 4:58 pm

It was plenty skiable last weekend, and I'm hoping it remains so this weekend. I'll probably head up there to glass, ski, and retrieve tomorrow or Sunday. The east face might be a little bare, but with no small portion of luck the bindings (and ski) will be salvageable.

Postby ivegotmoxie » Mon May 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Got it! The ski is back home now and in great shape. TR to follow.

Thanks for the encouragement!