Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

LOST: 2 pairs MSR snowshoes, Dead Dog (bottom)

Post lost and found items here.

LOST: 2 pairs MSR snowshoes, Dead Dog (bottom)

Postby reckman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:57 pm

I left a black pair and a baby-blue pair of MSR Denali Ascent snowshoes at the bottom of Dead Dog coulior on Torreys this morning (Sat, 21APR2011), climbed the coulior, and when I returned to the base they weren't there...I'd rather think I just misplaced them than that somebody would swipe them...If you find them anywhere (Grays/Torreys trailhead, bottom of Dead Dog...) please call 513.368.3904 or email me at esreckman@gmail.com. They were actually my brother's and his girlfriend's snowshoes, would love to have them back, thanks! -Eric

Re: LOST: 2 pairs MSR snowshoes, Dead Dog (bottom)

Postby caverdude » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey,
I'll look for your snow shoes tomorrow if you can provide some beta on DD. Did you need snow shoes to reach the start of the couloir?
Thanks

Postby beazleys » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:52 pm

caverdude wrote:Hey,
I'll look for your snow shoes tomorrow if you can provide some beta on DD. Did you need snow shoes to reach the start of the couloir?
Thanks

Was on the Kelso Ridge today and did not find snowshoes necessary anywhere on the route. Of the 6 people I saw on DD none had snowshoes for the approach.

Postby reckman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am

Sorry, this is probably coming in a little to late, but for anyone else wondering...

Barring another storm, you can drive all the way to the parking lot at the trailhead. You do not neet snowshoes for the approach to Grays or Dead Dog. I'd recommend boots and gaitors though as there's still plenty of snow around even down low to give you wet feet

Postby caverdude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Climbed Dead Dog today but didn't see any snowshoes. The base area is pretty big but I started where all the tracks were and did not see the missing snowshoes. Sorry

Postby reckman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for looking! I'll keep checking the thread so if anyone finds them let me know!