Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lost camera on Grays on 7/16

Post lost and found items here.

Lost camera on Grays on 7/16

Postby mtntriathlete » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

I left my camera on Grays. We were about 15 feet below the summit (NW side) of Grays where I most likely left it while pulling out a blister kit to help a fellow climber (though its possible it was left on the summit of Torreys, while putting the helmet away). I last used it on Kelso ridge and didn't realize it was missing till Edwards. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix in a black leather case. My fingers are crossed.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WAHOO! What a ride!!!"

Re: Lost camera on Grays on 7/16

Postby JE242 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 pm

I believe I have your camera!

Re: Lost camera on Grays on 7/16

Postby mtntriathlete » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow, I post a lost and found request and don't check for results until a year later. Please keep and use the camera (it has long since been replaced). Its nice to know there are honest people on the mountain! That said, should you somehow still have the pictures, I'd love it if you would email them. Climbing the Kelso Ridge was my first class 3 ascent and I'd love to have more than the memories. Regardless, thanks for posting your find.

-David
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WAHOO! What a ride!!!"