Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lost: One inflated Ego, Mt. Princeton

Post lost and found items here.

Re: Lost: One inflated Ego, Mt. Princeton

Postby Presto » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:43 pm

by Papillon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Ever notice how the planning of calendar winter climbs is so easy and effortless when it is early September and you're sitting on the deck of let's say The Cannibal Grill in a billowy shirt and chacos with a pint in hand? You're fresh off a San Juan blitz and just took your first shower in five days. The bravado is flowing and for a fleeting moment, anything is possible.

:D Ahh, Papillon, that brings from my memory a discussion my cousin and I had one time (over a brew, of course). We were discussing mountaineering trips and he said to me "many of my best adventures began in a bar". 8)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Re: Lost: One inflated Ego, Mt. Princeton

Postby RoanMtnMan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Papillon wrote:Ever notice how the planning of calendar winter climbs is so easy and effortless when it is early September and you're sitting on the deck of let's say The Cannibal Grill in a billowy shirt and chacos with a pint in hand? You're fresh off a San Juan blitz and just took your first shower in five days. The bravado is flowing and for a fleeting moment, anything is possible.

But then you fast forward 3-4 months. The trailhead parking lot is empty. You haven't even gotten the pack out of the car and you're already feeling the cold. And then you realize just how much you were talking out of your a--.

Indeed. x2.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Previous