Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Found: Snowshoes @ St Mary's Glacier

Post lost and found items here.

Found: Snowshoes @ St Mary's Glacier

Postby beazleys » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm

First one on the hill this morning, 2/1/09, as evidenced by an empty parking lot. Found a pair of snowshoes lying in the middle of the trail. Climbed James, came back and they were still there.

Identify them (color, brand and the one distinct/unusual characteristic) via PM.

Also, left my contact info in the parking permit box near the trailhead.

Re: Found: Snowshoes @ St Mary's Glacier

Postby glacierPaul » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 am

Hello all,
Thanks beazleys for posting and leaving me your contact info. The last vehicle in the lot Sat. was from Alberta, hopefully they will call me or see your post, as my cell # is on the permits. I have already reunited a couple of folks with lost items, it is nice when people are honest! I am working on getting a website up that would be similar to this one. If they get in touch with me, I will contact you. I am going to put up a cork board at the lot also. Hope you enjoyed your visit!
Paul

Postby walthastings » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 am

Hi, Beasleys!

I lost a pair of snowshoes on the trail down from St. Mary's Glacier last Saturday on a HAMS outing with the Colorado Mountain Club. I can identify the brand and unusual characteristics. Please call.

Walt Hastings
Phone 303-526-9490

Postby beazleys » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 pm

For those curious, I just talked to Walt and they are his snowshoes. It is nice to get a well used piece of gear back to their owner.

Postby glacierPaul » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Hello all,
Thanks again beazleys for reuniting Walt with his snowshoes. I want to give you a free parking pass, so please contact me, I like to reward good deeds! 303-995-7104 or pm me.
Paul