Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Found: Snowshoes on Quandary

Post lost and found items here.

Found: Snowshoes on Quandary

Postby wheaties240 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Found a pair of snowshoes buried in the snow on the trail on Quandary on 1/9/08. Send a PM to identify.

Re: Found: Snowshoes on Quandary

Postby lodidodi » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:22 pm

are you sure it wasn't somebody up on the summit that stashed them there, they are prob still postholing their way down

Postby RoanMtnMan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm

We have a link-up! See the "Winter 14ers" thread.

Re: Winter 14ers
by JSeubold37 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:51 pm

any groups climbing Quandry.

I climbed quandry yesterday and while skiing down my snowshoes popped off my pack. I guess I brushed a tree and they popped off. They are located on the main trail off of McCullugh Gulch somewhere in the middle of the tree line. If anyone finds them could they please drop me an email at JSeabass37@yahoo.com. They are Atlas snowshoes from the REI close to Morrison (Denver).

Thanks and good luck on Quandry,

-Jonathan Seubold

I would be surprised if it's not the same pair. By the way, In the last year I have found two pairs of snowshoes in CO and tried to find the owners without success (I have a nice pair and hate them due to a long Denali experience). How do people lose these things? I have never found a pair of skis in the backcountry unfortunately. Hold on to your snowshoes people!
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

brrussell

Postby brrussell » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 pm

I saw these snowshoes on Jan. 3 at about treeline. There MSR shoes so I don't think they are the shoes of the skiers. They were side by side not looking like they came off anyones pack.

Postby wheaties240 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 pm

These are the shoes that the skier lost, I emailed him. Didnt see any MSR ones up there though. Whoever said that they belonged to someone up top, no one had been up that trail for quite some time. It snowed a little bit the night before, but there weren't even faint dents in the snow to suggest that someone else had been up before us. Also the shoes were buried under 6" of snow.

Postby larkinrx2 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 pm

wheaties240 wrote: Also the shoes were buried under 6" of snow.

did you find the hiker still attached? keep digging?
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby wheaties240 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 pm

ha, no, they were strapped to each other, I did find the hiker later though, returned his snowshoes to him.