Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

LOST: Digital camera (pocket size) on Elbert 8/21

Post lost and found items here.

LOST: Digital camera (pocket size) on Elbert 8/21

Postby MD11Pilot » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Doh!!

Doing the old "I'll take one with your camera, then you can take one with mine" routine when we set one of them on the ground. Well, that's where it still was when we climbed down. I'll use the standard "low oxygen" excuse to cover my stupidity.

I think the exact location was just below the summit, on the edge overlooking the north cirque.

If you find it (or know of someone who did) I would of course be incredibly grateful for it's return. The camera has value in itself, but more importantly the pictures can't be replaced. Just respond to this post, then we can go through the process of establishing my "bonafides" by using my knowledge of what pics are on on the camera in addition to the brand, etc., and work out how I can pay for the shipping (or pick up) and how I could repay you for your kindness.

Eric

Re: LOST: Digital camera (pocket size) on Elbert 8/21

Postby MD11Pilot » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 pm

More info...
I'm fairly sure I lost the camera in the vicinity of where the North East trail meets the East trail. That's only a short distance from the summit (maybe 50 yards tops?). If anybody is going up soon, could you take a close look please. We were snapping pics on the north side of the trail overlooking the North couloir.

Eric
719-650-3864