Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Gear lost at top of Dragon's Tail Couloir

Post lost and found items here.

Gear lost at top of Dragon's Tail Couloir

Postby Wyoming Bob » Sun May 19, 2013 3:26 pm

If either of the two boarders who came down the Dragon Tail Couloir on Flattop on Sunday morning (May 19th) is on this site, I picked-up the piece of gear you lost and would like to return it to you. PM me and we can make that happen.
Wyoming Bob
www.climbingwithbob.com
Win some . . . lose some . . . CaSO4.2H2O.

Re: Gear lost at top of Dragon's Tail Couloir

Postby joelmpaula » Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

I was up there on the 11th and found some gear as well. PM me if it is your gear.

Postby pseudoghost » Sun May 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Wyoming Bob wrote:If either of the two boarders who came down the Dragon Tail Couloir on Flattop on Sunday morning (May 19th) is on this site, I picked-up the piece of gear you lost and would like to return it to you. PM me and we can make that happen.

Did you happen to ascend Dragon Tail? Would be grateful for any beta you can provide...

Postby Wyoming Bob » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes, we did and the short of it for someone looking at tomorrow or Tuesday (May 20th or 21st) is: Snow from Bear Lake parking lot to base of climb, stay off the lakes, the ice is thin and soft. We went in the a.m. (5:30) and took snow shoes but did not use, we also had no real direct sun. Climb was mix of neve but was warming even by 7:30 on a no direct sun day, big runnel coming down, kicked steps all the way up without problem, no rockfall on our trip up, took right branch and exited to right of cornice, blowing snow on top, lousy trail down off of Flattop and post holed down through woods. Did single axe, another would have entertained my other hand but was not needed. Been up the route before, no rope, no pickets, but this is commensurate with our crew's experience.
Wyoming Bob
www.climbingwithbob.com
Win some . . . lose some . . . CaSO4.2H2O.