Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Somehow I've overlooked 14ers.com

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Somehow I've overlooked 14ers.com

Postby Mtn Geek » Tue May 15, 2007 9:19 am

I've been on different hiking forums for quite a few years now, and somehow have overlooked this one. I have heard of 14ers.com before, but never came here, and don't know why. This is what I have been looking for since I moved to Denver.
What finally got me here is the tragic event that just happened in the recent past. I am a member on Arizonahikers.com and that is where I found out about Talusmonkeys death, as he also had recently joined that forum. Since hearing about 14ers.com, I decided to check it out and really like it here.

A little bit about me:
I grew up in Flagstaff Az. While living there my dad got me into the 14ers and have hike 3 while living there. I moved to Phoenix for 2 years. In 2003 I came to Colorado and hiked 4 more 14ers. The following year I moved to Denver to get married. Within the last 3 years of living here I have hiked only one 14er, but have been enjoying the 13ers very much. I enjoy the 13ers more since they are not as crowed. I have decided that I'd like to do at least one 14er a year. I'm not in a big rush to get them all done as fast as I can. I prefer to slowly do them.
This summer I plan on doing my first Front Range 14er, probably Bierstadt.

Postby gitsumpottery » Tue May 15, 2007 9:21 am

Hey Welcome to the site!

There is a lot of info you can gain from watching the site daily. Just ask away and someone is bound to chime in and answer your question.

Zac

Postby Andy » Tue May 15, 2007 9:59 am

Hi Steven! Welcome. You've been keeping a pretty low profile over on summitpost lately. How do you like Colorado?
"What a day, eh, Milhouse? The sun is out, birds are singing,
bees are trying to have sex with them - as is my understanding..."

- Bart Simpson

"You are not Steve F-ing House."
- Best RockClimbing.com Rant Ever

www.AndyInTheRockies.com

Postby Mtn Geek » Tue May 15, 2007 10:15 am

Love it here, it's the best move I've ever made. I always tell my wife, "we live next to paradise." I've never had so much oppertunity and hiking year round is great here.

Postby JeffR » Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Welcome!

We seem to have some similarities. I grew up in Prescott/Flagstaff/Phoenix and just moved here 2 years ago (best move I've ever made). Also, I've done a few 14ers but much prefer 12ers/13ers for the lack of crowds. Be sure to post up in the 13ers section if you're interested in some company.

Jeff

Postby Mtn Geek » Wed May 16, 2007 8:39 am

JRfromAZ wrote:Welcome!

We seem to have some similarities. I grew up in Prescott/Flagstaff/Phoenix and just moved here 2 years ago (best move I've ever made). Also, I've done a few 14ers but much prefer 12ers/13ers for the lack of crowds. Be sure to post up in the 13ers section if you're interested in some company.

Jeff

I have to agree with you about being the best move you ever made. I love living here and will probably never move away. I have some mountains in mind I plan on doing this summer and will be posting them in the 13ers section to try to get some company. I've been hiking alone and it would be nice to have somebody to share the expeirence with.

Postby JB Allen » Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 am

Welcome and how can you over look this form? We have some pretty interesting topics along with the serious stuff...
JB Allen...

Postby SnowDevil » Wed May 16, 2007 10:46 am

I also moved here from Arizona - Gilbert. I've been here 3 months. It's been a great move for us.