Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Looking to bag my first.

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Postby guitmo223 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:42 pm

I would consider face protection - a ski mask or a fleece hood. It can get pretty windy. I was up there in December and two people in our party had to turn back because of frostbite danger to the face. Also, my camelback froze and I did most of the hike without water, so consider a Nalgene or two.
"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred it be postponed" - Sir Winston Churchill

Postby CLG » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:43 pm

I would consider face protection - a ski mask or a fleece hood. It can get pretty windy. I was up there in December and two people in our party had to turn back because of frostbite danger to the face. Also, my camelback froze and I did most of the hike without water, so consider a Nalgene or two.

I guess my previous post was vague.

I climbed Quandry on Saturday with a guy from these boards.....dswick. Nice guy .....knows alot about 14'ers, good chinese food and stretching :D

"Consider it bagged " was meant to be factual not " Optimistic "....sorry for the confusion.

:lol:

Thanks for everyone's help , we had a great time and the falling snow, the near zero visibility at the summit, and the wind only added to the excitement of this new adventure.

Thanks again and cheers ( *raises glass of ice water*),

CLG

Postby drodriguez » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:45 pm

You might take a look at conditions on Grays and Torreys. Snow shoes will probably be helpful, but do-able. Take a look.
Runnin' down a dream that never would come to me...

Previous