Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Crowds at Pike's Peak immediately before & after Marathon

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Re: Crowds at Pike's Peak immediately before & after Maratho

Postby msmaddox » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Just wanted to give an update: I made my hike up the Peak on Tuesday, 8/21. I was surprised by how few people I encountered on the trail - though I did see a number of "incliners" coming down Manitou, even before dawn. I lucked into an absolutely beautiful day & other than struggling with the last two miles (it's always so hard to see the summit looming so close, yet so very far away!), I would say it was a perfect hike! I had my walk down memory lane, as well as seeing a few things that I'm certain I missed in my youth. Now I can confidently say, "I'm done!". No need for me to ever make that climb again, but oh what fun it was!

And the donuts?? Just as awesome as I remember! Thanks for all the input! I have to say it was so very strange seeing the incline reduced to nothing but wooden ties.

All in all - perfect day!

Postby Dark Helmet » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:37 am

I must have gone on a bad day... the donuts were iffy at best when I was there. and I can't see myself doing that slog again just to re-test the donuts...

Postby peter303 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 am

Anyone watching the filming of Fast & Furious 7 on the Pikes road today and tomorrow?
I dont think they close the trails. But there might be a lot of support vehicles at Devils Playground.

Previous