Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

TR: Cerro Aconcagua 22,840

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Postby Jcwhite » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:01 am

Thats pretty damn fast...unreal in fact.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby Bodacious » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:05 am

Yeah, well...it's from the same site to give us the Everest summit helicopter landing... ;)
"To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live."
- Tenzing Norgay

Postby Jcwhite » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:29 am

Oh im not doubting it, just saying...its amazing.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Postby guitmo223 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Great trip report!

I'll have to say, however, that I've never noticed any negative effects from alcohol (i.e., peppermint schnapps) at altitude. Then again, I've never been drinking at over 14,000 feet. 8)
"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred it be postponed" - Sir Winston Churchill

Postby shotgung » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Really cool write-up Jordan. Makes me want to pick the brother up in San Diego and fly down and make the climb next week. My younger brother in UNL was talking about doing this climb in a month or so, but not sure. Anyway, nice write-up and pictures.
A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Hey i know its been a while but a friend sent me this pic he took of me throwing a disc off the summit.

Postby Erroneous » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:28 pm

I hope you went and got that disc :(

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Well i didnt, but the funny thing is that it pretty much flew straight down the relinchos valley. So there is a good chance someone may find it. Sorry to offend...

Postby Erroneous » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks, next time and anybody else out there please don't litter on my mountain.

Postby Bodacious » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:42 am

I'm now on the lookout for biodegradable discs...
"To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live."
- Tenzing Norgay

Postby Erroneous » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:54 am

Now that's a million dollar idea right there!!! Well maybe not quite a million but it's a good idea!!

I feel sorry for the next person walking up the mt. and sees a f'n disc on the trail.

Not to beat a dead horse but that just really pisses me off.

Postby Jcwhite » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:03 am

Well...you are beating a dead horse... by the way did you read the trip report? Our group carried almost 100 lbs of trash away from the park entrance, and almost as much from the camp at 19,200. We picked up everything from empty fuel bottles to food trash, to peoples poopy toilet paper. And you are the first I've heard to complain about a 175 gram disc with everyones names signed on it flying into oblivion.

PreviousNext