Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt. Everest

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Mt. Everest

Postby Ortega2 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:22 pm

Hi! I have a friend that lives in Moscow, Russia that with some friends from Finland will be climbing Everest next summer. I'll post pictures and tell how it went!
"Outside the dream world,life can be harsh even cruel,but it is life-Auron,Final Fantasy X

Postby jimlup » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:36 pm

Do you know which side they are attempting and are they guided?
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...

Postby Kojones » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:43 pm

I have been in contact with Russell Brice (Expedition Leader of Himalayan Experience who was featured in the Discovery Channel show "Everest: Beyond the Limit." If they have not chosen a guide/expedition to join, I would recommend Russell's company. Check them out at http://www.himex.com. They take the north face route which tends to be safer yet more technically challenging. They also fill in the holes of danger better than most other expeditions I have seen or read about.
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Postby Ortega2 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 pm

She hasen't told me what route yet but I'm pretty sure they were thinking about the Southeast Ridge so....
"Outside the dream world,life can be harsh even cruel,but it is life-Auron,Final Fantasy X