Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Canary Islands

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.
Kiefer

Canary Islands

Postby Kiefer » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:10 pm

Well, I've had plans for the last 2 months to adventure to Colombia to hike/climb 3 volcanos but after spending 3 hours this afternoon researching a plethuria of websites related to safety, I've deceided against going it solo. For some reason, getting mugged and beaten just doesn't appeal to me.

So,
Anyone interested in going to the Canary Islands

I've already bought my airline ticket and I'm leaving Denver, Wednesday March 21st and coming back Wednesday April 3rd. I also have a free week stay at any property serviced by Interval International which I will be calling up next week to book. For the remaining week, I plan on staying at some hotels and hostels (I'm a HI member).
There are volcanos there to hike/climb so it won't all be paradise! :D
A quick side trip to Casablanca MIGHT be possible if the price is right.
The link above connects you over to Summitpost for some volcano info that are present on the islands, you know, hiking & climbing stuff. Some are 12,000+ ft.
The links below are of the islands in general.
Canary Photos
loney planet
Tiene de Volcan

So, THAT'S where they are!

If this sounds good to you, shoot me a PM. I'll give you additional info.

Postby Aspen Summit » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:26 am

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!! There's no Federal holiday in March for me to take off. That's not right, I tell you! That's totally so not right!!

If you're going to N. Africa, buy scented wipes and pack them in your suitcase. They don't have a habit of washing hands regularly over there. Oooiii!!

Knight
Follow Your Path! Cross ALL Boundaries!! AND RIDE THE EARTH, BABY!!!