Trip Report Livin' it up in Trinidad and Tobago

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Trip Report Livin' it up in Trinidad and Tobago

Post by Scott P »

It's not in Colorado, but I hope you enjoy the trip report. My wife and I were in Trinidad and Tobago last month to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We climbed several peaks and saw lots of wildlife including monkeys and a boa constrictor.

http://www.summitpost.org/living-it-up- ... ago/883463" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now it's time for some cold weather adventures in Utah and Colorado!
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Trip Report Livin' it up in Trinidad and Tobago

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Nice Report Scott, looks like a great place.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
jsdratm
14ers: 24  2 
13ers: 40
Trip Reports (4)

Post by jsdratm »

Nice photos of the wildlife! Colorado would be more interesting if we had some alpine monkeys. Perhaps we could import some of these Japanese Macaques:

I fall a lot
Trip Reports (0)

Post by I fall a lot »

Shhhhhh...that's our winter escape for warmth and beautiful waters without the crowds and americans. I think the roosters scare them away.

Thanks for posting, looks like an adventure!
pw
14ers: 45 
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pw »

Interesting report, thanks for posting. Your wife is a trooper. That jungle looks pretty creepy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwahl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThuChad
14ers: 31  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ThuChad »

Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it.

I can't believe you used the fixed rope at Argyle Falls. I'm sure people fall to their death all the time when the rope breaks. Come on man. :lol:
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.