Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Killian Jornet rescued from Aguille du Midi

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Re: Killian Jornet rescued from Aguille du Midi

Postby tlongpine » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am

Hobnobber wrote:Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?

=D>
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.

Postby Jeff Valliere » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 am

A nice little follow up from a climbers perspective posted here on the Rock and Ice site:

http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news/the-new-courage-in-a-ruckasck

Postby Rock-a-Fella » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:29 am

Jeff,
Thanks for the OP and the follow up. I find myself scratching my head more than before. Ice axes, ice screws, no crampons or compatible shoes trail for the standard ice route? Additionally, Cliffed out due to weather, conditions have them call for rescue, rescuers can't fly due to same weather and must come from the top in the same weather they can't travel in, carry all the warm clothing and beverages they elected not to carry and the best she could come up with was....

"I wish they could have given me an ETA"

*sigh*

Previous