Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Last minute Dolomite trip

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Last minute Dolomite trip

Postby XMULE » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Just got word I'm going on business trip to Italy next week. \:D/ May have 2-3 days on my own to do some hiking/snowshoeing in the Dolomites. Have found a nice (aka cheap) B&B in Sexten/Sesto about 35 miles NE of Cortina, but not committed to that. Any ideas/suggestions?
Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha

Re: Last minute Dolomite trip

Postby jrs1965 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 pm

XMULE wrote:Just got word I'm going on business trip to Italy next week. \:D/ May have 2-3 days on my own to do some hiking/snowshoeing in the Dolomites. Have found a nice (aka cheap) B&B in Sexten/Sesto about 35 miles NE of Cortina, but not committed to that. Any ideas/suggestions?

My nephew is from northern Italy in Vicenza. I chatted with him briefly and he recommended the "Tre Cime di Lavaredo" (3 peaks of Lavaredo) for that area of Italy. However, he said they are "very dangerous and are not reachable" this time of year.

"Try the beautiful ski resorts" was his recommendation...

Postby XMULE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks! The place I'm looking at staying is near the Tres Cimes de Lavaredo. Trust me, I have no intentions of climbing them! The regional web site has oodles of snow-shoeing intineraries, so will likely wait until I get there are ask for some local knowledge on the subject. http://www.three-peaks.info/alto-adige/alta-pusteria/winter/hiking.html
Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha

Postby XMULE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha