Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Matterhorn and Zinalrothorn ALPS

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Matterhorn and Zinalrothorn ALPS

Postby ap snow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello everyone here is some footage from my recent climbs of the Zinalrothorn 4221m and the Matterhorn 4478m. If you are going to climb in this area anytime soon please feel free to contact me for advice etc... I would love to help in any way that I can. Great climbing and the hut systems rock!

http://youtu.be/fOzpCgGjdr0

http://youtu.be/K5TWUTaMewk

Re: Matterhorn and Zinalrothorn ALPS

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 pm

F ya man! Some raunchy stuff! Totally Jealous Austin
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby kushrocks » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 am

Awesome!!! What route on the Matterhorn were you on?
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby ap snow » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks guys! We ended up doing the North-East Hornli Ridge route. The Italian Ridge was not in condition when we were there. IMO the Italian route is safer because very few people climb it. The one downside to the Italian route is it has lots of fixed gear. To get the grand tour of the mountain one could climb the Italian route then descend the Hornli. We still had pretty mixed conditions so there wasn't many climbers on the mountain. The climbing season for the Matterhorn is typically just a few months a year so when its go time its not uncommon to have over 100 people on the Hornli and maybe 10 on the Italian.

Postby SummitKathy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 am

Nice! I just came back from the Alps and would LOVE to climb the Matterhorn at some point. If/when it happens I'll definitely be after you for some info. Congratulations on the summits!
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 am

Congrats on some great climbs!