Climbing Mt. Kilimanjro to help find the cure for PD

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
usmcdadx2
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (1)

Climbing Mt. Kilimanjro to help find the cure for PD

Post by usmcdadx2 »

Next month (Aug 23-30), I will be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa, to raise awareness and funds to help the Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) find a cure for Parkinson's disease. I will be going as a member of the Team Fox Summit Mt. Kilimanjaro Expedition - a group of people dedicated to doing our part to eradicate PD.

As part of my training for Kilimanjaro, I've been climbing Colorado 14ers this summer. Since June 8th when I started, I've reached the summits of Bierstadt, Pikes (via Crags), Democrat, Lincoln, Bross, Grays and Torreys. See the link below to my guest post on the MJFF blog for a cool story about Bierstadt.

My personal fundraising goal is $10K, and more than half the goal has been donated so far. Please consider supporting me in this effort. Any amount will help.

Thanks!

Link for my MJFF fundraising page: http://thelongwayup.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to my guest post on the Michael J. Fox Foundation blog: https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/ ... ilimanjaro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;