Cordillera Huayhuash

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
planet54
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Cordillera Huayhuash

Post by planet54 »

I was on this trip to the Cordillera Huayhuash, Peru with the woman that posted this on youtube. These are her pictures and her view of the trip. If you have a few minutes ,I think that you will enjoy seeing a slice of these mountains.Great trip.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H D Thoreau
benners
14ers: 58  51  21 
13ers: 559 84 26
Trip Reports (110)

Re: Cordillera Huayhuash

Post by benners »

Nice shots! Those are some spectacular peaks. That is where "Touching the Void" took place is it not?
planet54
14ers: 58 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Cordillera Huayhuash

Post by planet54 »

benners wrote:Nice shots! Those are some spectacular peaks. That is where "Touching the Void" took place is it not?
I should have mentioned that. Yes, Siula Grande is at 3:00 looking at the west face where it all went down. Also Huascaran is at 0:57.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H D Thoreau