Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Cordillera Huayhuash

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Cordillera Huayhuash

Postby planet54 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:28 am

I was on this trip to the Cordillera Huayhuash, Peru with the woman that posted this on youtube. These are her pictures and her view of the trip. If you have a few minutes ,I think that you will enjoy seeing a slice of these mountains.Great trip.
"The world is a great book,of which they that never stir from home read only a page." St. Augustine
"Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an innertube;there are some things one would rather have done than do." Edward Abbey

Re: Cordillera Huayhuash

Postby benners » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Nice shots! Those are some spectacular peaks. That is where "Touching the Void" took place is it not?

Re: Cordillera Huayhuash

Postby planet54 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

benners wrote:Nice shots! Those are some spectacular peaks. That is where "Touching the Void" took place is it not?

I should have mentioned that. Yes, Siula Grande is at 3:00 looking at the west face where it all went down. Also Huascaran is at 0:57.
"The world is a great book,of which they that never stir from home read only a page." St. Augustine
"Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an innertube;there are some things one would rather have done than do." Edward Abbey