Partners for Cotopaxi, Cayambe & Chimborazo Winter 2011/12

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bjm31385
Trip Reports (0)

Partners for Cotopaxi, Cayambe & Chimborazo Winter 2011/12

Post by bjm31385 »

So I'm looking to go down to Ecuador to climb three mountains; Cotopaxi, Cayambe & Chimborazo next winter. The plan is to climb late December 2011 or early January 2012. I would like to find some climbing partners for the trip. Ideally, I would like to find climbing partners for more than just this trip and actually find a regular climbing partner or partners. I would like to start out climbing this spring, summer and fall in Colorado, getting to know our skills and working together, understanding each other's acceptable risk, all the while preparing for Ecuador. If anyone is interested please let me know.
JsinDeAZ
14ers: 37  1 
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Partners for Cotopaxi, Cayambe & Chimborazo Winter 2011/12

Post by JsinDeAZ »

I am not in CO any more, but these have been on my list for awhile. I was actually thinking of doing them in December of this year (Dec24-Jan2). At present, I may opt for Orizaba instead. But, if you are looking for someone to hit those around the time frame I mentioned, I'm interested in getting in on that trip. Don't know how often I'll get back to CO this year though for meeting up (school/work obligations). I'm doing the only two peaks over 12k in AZ this weekend :) Hoping to hit Whitney in March. Really want to get Chimby in this lifetime...

-J
-----------------------------
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

...I love not man the less, but Nature more... - Lord Byron