Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Kililmanjaro

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Kililmanjaro

Postby EVEREST DREAMS » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:31 am

Hi everyone! I just received notice from friends of mine about climbing Kilimanjaro this February as well as in September. Last September I posted about climbing with AFCA (American Foundation for Children with Aids). It costs about $5,000 to fly over and climb there, and AFCA asks you to raise $10,000 in donations to help raise funds for medicine and hospital supplies for the kids. AFCA has teamed up with SENE (Scenic Expeditions and Nomadic Experience), a well known guiding company on the mountain. If you plan on even climbing Kilimanjaro, you will have the time of your life, but climbing with SENE will be unmatched. Please take a moment to check out their website: www.climbupsokidscangrowup.com. If you have any questions please call or e-mail Tanya or Eric Weaver and they will answer any questions you may have. I will return someday to climb again and would love to have other 14er members along as well! Please feel free to PM me as well. Let them know that you saw this on 14ers and thanks again for taking time to check out this great cause. Tom, :D
Attachments
kilimanjaro2009.jpg
kilimanjaro2009.jpg (64.31 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

Re: Kililmanjaro

Postby cbauer10 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:28 am

This is very interesting. I will keep this in mind for when I go. I have been putting this climb off for years as things just keep popping up and ruining the plans. Thank you for posting.

Re: Kililmanjaro

Postby EVEREST DREAMS » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm

You are all welcome. I watched the other guiding companies on my trip and definately had the best people taking care of us and were treated to all the best food and accomadations out there. Hope you do make it out there to climb. The mountain will leave you with an experence you will never forget. It was great to see another part of the world and take home a piece in memory that I think of every week.