climbing expeditons

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Re: climbing expeditons

Post by nyker »

There seems to be a big price difference between (1) http://www.nomadicexperience.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and (2) Zara. Given that they are both locally run companies, does anyone know why there is such a difference and whay Nomadic is so much more?

Looks like the base price in Zara is a couple days shorter and one less day on the mountian which would account for a few hundred...
EVEREST DREAMS
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (0)

Re: climbing expeditons

Post by EVEREST DREAMS »

nyker, I cant say anything about Zara but Sene is who I went with last Sept. Check out this link http://www.climbupsokidscangrowup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I was watching the other guides and we had the best food and shelters. They also carry our own bathrooms, oxygen and a hyperbaric chamber for safety. You are treated to private accomidations on thier farm to stay not in Moshi. It is above 6,000 feet at the boundarys of the park and your are treated to all meals from food grown out side your door. Private rooms and indoor plumbing. And top notch guiding. They give you a tour of the farm and villiage and educate people about the Chagga people who live there. As I have said before a number of time on the site. You will have the best time you can with this company. It is family run and they want you to come back and bring or refer others. You will be taken care of very well on the mountain as well. I can't say enough!