Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Orizaba -- Thanks!

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Re: Orizaba -- Thanks!

Postby Athos791 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 pm

cheeseburglar wrote:Glad to hear you enjoyed Mexico. I'm looking forward to the TR.
It would be interesting to get an account of the HAPE onset and the recovery as you descended.
Did the guys have any steroids to give you?

Thanks, I had a blast. I am planning on writing up a detailed article about the HAPE aspect of the trip on SP, and will link it to my TR. Oso had some steroids, but there was fear that I was allergic to them, luckily descent brought the recovery I needed. Saw my doctor back here in US and he gave me an a okay, but said to take a week or two off to let myself recover.
"We go to the mountains to satisfy our own ambitions, not because others evaluate what we are doing." -Anatoli Boukreev

Re: Orizaba -- Thanks!

Postby Athos791 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:18 am

So I finished my trip report of my Mexico trip. I am trying to figure out how people link it through the TR section here through summitpost, but not sure how to do it yet. It will be on this forum as soon as I figure that out. In the meantime, it is over on summitpost.org.

direct link:

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/484839/Getting-HAPE-on-Orizaba.html
"We go to the mountains to satisfy our own ambitions, not because others evaluate what we are doing." -Anatoli Boukreev

Previous