CO cohp completer...

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Re: CO cohp completer...

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Congrats, Matt!
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Way to go, Matt! Great job! Congratulations! =D> =D> =D>
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Awesome, high points are a great way to see our great state! Congrats Matt, I hope to complete the COHPs someday
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Well, since Fletch HAD to post this... :oops:
Thanks for the comments, everyone.
I think Aaron captured the "why" of this perfectly, which Jeff hints at...
My draw to this list is getting to EVERY part of the state, not just areas with high peaks.
...and it's an original answer to the "what's next?" people toss out after the 14ers. It's fun being a tourist in your own state, going to places that seem as foreign as Oklahoma, or (dear God) Kansas. The biggest plus? Listening to Chris "mountain encyclopedia" inAZ toss out mountain facts and trivia for countless hours as we drove around this state.
Bob and Kate, thanks for letting me skip those 13ers today so I could get this done.
Fischer, is that a trick question? :lol: Of those, Bent County is the only ranked peak, so it wins. The rest? Ask Chris.
Brian, you know that you have to FINISH a list to get gold stars from John Kirk.
The beverage? I saved this one all weekend.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Congratulations Matt! Like individual county lists, the Colorado county highpoint list is a lot tougher than some people might imagine, for reasons best not discussed in online forums. I need to finish it myself one of these fine days - stuck at 57 for a few years, now.

So which peak was your favorite? Most difficult? What's next?

Hey - I just noticed in my daily cohp digest that - per Adam Helman - you finished Arizona too. Nice work! Did not know that...
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

Drinking that beer as a reward is reason enough to finish. Congrats.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
CarpeDM
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 350 13
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

Nice job, Matt!
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams
ChrisinAZ
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (12)

Post by ChrisinAZ »

Congrats man! Looking forward to hearing about your last few trips...and following in your footsteps on the dozen-odd peaks I have left. You earned that La Cumbre!

And hey, what *else* can you do when driving the beautiful plains of eastern Colorado? Besides listening to quality radio programming, that is...

Fisching: I'd have to agree with Matt on Bent, it's actually a pretty neat summit with rock formations galore. Do make sure you get permission first though. Weld has nice views, but access is a pain. Logan = meh. Baca is mildly neat, but there's now apparently a gravel quarry that makes access trickier; if you can get up there, climb Potato Butte across the county line for a bonus. Yuma, we did because it's on the list--it might as well be in eastern Nebraska.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
— Jack Handy

Mah peaks
summitbound
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (25)

Post by summitbound »

Congrats Matt, very unique!
"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir
uwe
14ers: 58 
13ers: 45
Trip Reports (0)

Post by uwe »

Congratulations!
A small select group of finishers.
Way cool.
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

Congrats! It would even be more awesome if you used the 3,000 foot rule. :wft:

SJ Ron
benners
14ers: 58  51  21 
13ers: 559 84 26
Trip Reports (110)

Post by benners »

Congratulations Matt! Very cool. Maybe we can finish the next list together!