RMNP, Family style!

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
apasquel
14ers: 43 
Trip Reports (31)

RMNP, Family style!

Post by apasquel »

Just took my kids up to RMNP...and really, their first real mountains in their short life. They are 7 and 5. They have been limited to regional geography (we're from Texas). Trip was a blast. If you guys have little kids and you want to check out how we vacatinoed with tons of kids in the mountains...check this out: http://seekingtheburningbush.blogspot.c ... -2013.html
rickinco123
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: RMNP, Family style!

Post by rickinco123 »

Whoa! Are you a pro photographer? Those are amazing shots. Color, lighting, composition etc, all the stuff I can't do. I think hiking it helps to have kids in groups, they motivate each other. Nice climbing!
apasquel
14ers: 43 
Trip Reports (31)

Post by apasquel »

rickinco123 wrote:Whoa! Are you a pro photographer? Those are amazing shots. Color, lighting, composition etc, all the stuff I can't do. I think hiking it helps to have kids in groups, they motivate each other. Nice climbing!
No, but I did have two pro photographers on the trip with me and I have been learning how to take better outdoor shots the past couple of years. I also transitioned from auto to manual photography.
mtnview
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mtnview »

Looks like a very memorable trip for the families. I had my two daughters Emily and Victoria hiking in the Canadian Rockies when they were 5 and 7. Victoria when she hit the teen years made 3 trips to Colorado with me and they are some of her best memories.

What type of camera are you using? Pics are turning out very nice!

Regards
Allan A
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise (of his return), as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
http://www.truedino.com/colorado14ers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
summitstep
14ers: 15 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by summitstep »

Looks like a blast. I remember taking my sons when younger for the first time to Colorado and RMNP; they went in protest that we weren't taking our regular beach trip to Florida. A few years later and I had two sons eagerly climbing up 14ers with me. You have so much more to look forward to. Thanks for sharing- brought back memories, including my honeymoon at Dream Lake!
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."