Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

FEED ME!!!

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA

FEED ME!!!

Postby skwid » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Will someone please feed me the latest snow report on the crags trail [pikes]... I want to go throw snow balls at the texans driving up it...

Postby Hiking Mike » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:35 pm

Well Skwid, I can't tell you what the snow is like, but I can recommend a good place for throwing snowballs anonymously. On the way up, the trail passes by a stone embankment. You can throw snowballs, while out of visiblity of the road at "the big men" in their "big trucks" if it behooves you. :lol: They might just end up telling their friends how big the snowflakes are at 14,000 feet. :lol: Crags was my last hike for the season, and the summit of Pikes was a real bummer with the transplanted bit of humanity up there. Have fun.
Last edited by Hiking Mike on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And my memory shall serve me in the way that memories do:
To conjure bygone times, and shine them bright anew,
To erase the strain of effort from faces of the past,
And resurrect slight triumphs as glories unsurpassed...

Postby dixonallred » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:47 pm

This TR was from a couple of days ago - http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... m=tripmain

Postby jhaas » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:09 pm

Hmm , Hiking Mike so you want to throw snowballs anonomously(check your spelling by the way) maybe you are a sissy in spite of your denial in your profile,hell if your going to do something do it without hiding.

Postby Hiking Mike » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Jhaas, thanks for watching out for me, buddy. I almost left a misspelled word there as an eyesore for all humanity. =D>

I personally have no interest whatsoever in throwing snowballs at cars on Pikes peak, nor have I ever partaken in the activity. I think in offering a suggestion to Skwid, I can be considered, at most, an accessory to any misdemeanor that Skwid commits. (I think that is proper lawyer-speak).

Anyone with an able body who drives to the top of a fourteener, whether he or she is Texan, Coloradan, or Djboutian, is cheating him or herself of a very valuable experinece. A snowball used to briefly scare the crap out of any person that fits this description is a realitively good use of a snowball. I'm not the kind of guy that would throw it, though. I generally avoid confrontations.

I simply thought that the anonymity of the origin of the snowball would momentarily increase the ambiguity of its composition to the driver, thereby adding to the anticipated gratification of Skwid. Plus, someone easily perturbed might shoot Skwid in the face, and that would be messy. :?

By the way, I think that your entry has some punctuation issues. :)
...And my memory shall serve me in the way that memories do:
To conjure bygone times, and shine them bright anew,
To erase the strain of effort from faces of the past,
And resurrect slight triumphs as glories unsurpassed...

Postby jhaas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:59 am

No problem, Hiking Mike . I appreciate your response.

Postby colorado yooper » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:22 pm

I was up there yesterday (Crags not Devils Playground) the trail to Devils Playground looked fine and the road in was in great shape. Enjoy!
To the High Crags!

Postby skwid » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:57 pm

Here is my logic... I don't like tourists... snowballs are fun... I can outrun just about anyone at high altitude... the police force up there... are crappy rent-a-cops... without guns...

Its a win win for me...

... ... ...
... ...

Postby stevevets689 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:45 pm

And besides, to throw a snowball at some big guy with a big truck who you don't know when you're on foot and have been hiking for miles with a couple thousand feet of elevation gain is pretty gutsy by itself. I would say that if anyone has an unfair advantage, it's the guy in the truck! That's like going into garilla warfare against an artillery batallion when you're only armed with a BB gun.

Postby summitrunner » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:50 pm

Every now and then we have to give tourists a break on this website. As much as I disapprove of their obnoxious driving and poor behavior in the mountains, they do pay my bills everyday. I am a Colorado Native and I am for "Colorado first for Coloradans," but I am not opposed to let the tourists spend all of their money here. So if a Texan in a big truck wants to drive to top of Pikes Peak in the winter so be it. He may be paying for your financial aid one day, paying to keep our roads under construction :lol: , and to keep our parks green and clean. Lets not throw snowballs at them so they crash and die and scare the rest of them off...we need those Benjamins! I do approve of pointing and laughing at their day-glo ski suits and cutting them off in the line at the grocery store up in the ski resorts. Every now and then they need to see that they are the bottom feeders in Colorado...Their mannerisms are hilarious though...I watched a pack of them pile out of their min-van near Eisenhower Tunnel last night so they could throw snowballs at each other...we don't need to throw snowballs at them...they do it to themselves!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." PRE

Re: FEED ME!!!

Postby taw6644 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:44 pm

skwid wrote:Will someone please feed me the latest snow report on the crags trail [pikes]... I want to go throw snow balls at the texans driving up it...

You better be careful who you take aim at. Man, if I was driving up there and you threw some at me. Dude if my freinds and I caught up to you, you would be in for some HELL. We dont all talk funny, and guess what, most of us dont own ranches and horses. We are still bad ass tho and will kick ass if needed. Oh and we WILL catch up to you. We are way to stubborn to stop.
P.S. we will have paintball guns. :D

Re: FEED ME!!!

Postby fiveminutelifetime » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:56 pm

taw6644 wrote:You better be careful who you take aim at. Man, if I was driving up there and you threw some at me. Dude if my freinds and I caught up to you, you would be in for some HELL. We dont all talk funny, and guess what, most of us dont own ranches and horses. We are still bad ass tho and will kick ass if needed. Oh and we WILL catch up to you. We are way to stubborn to stop.
P.S. we will have paintball guns. :D

I dunno, do you think your mom would let you borrow her Ford Windstar to drive up here?

tool...

Next