Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

telluride blues and brews & sneffels

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA

telluride blues and brews & sneffels

Postby smason505 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:22 pm

Is anyone headed to Telluride for the Blues and Brews Fest from the Boulder/Denver area? I was planning on leaving Thursday night, camping at the trailhead, hiking sneffels south ridge Friday morning and being in Telluride by early afternoon.

Postby KevinK » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:06 pm

That sounds like a really good plan! Too bad I have to go to work on Friday :cry:
Oh mama ain't it good to be alive
On your mountaintop and feeling high

-Railroad Earth

Postby Rockymtnhigh69 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 am

Smason,

I will be down at the Blues and Brews tomorrow.. Love to climb Sneffels with you before the festival, but I wont be able to get the time.. We are planning a mountain bike ride for Thurs and Fri, Sat, Sun we will be drinking at 11 am every morning.. :P

Enjoy Sneffels and the festival... Lou Reed Friday night! Dirty Dozen Brass Band!! Oh yeah baby! :wink:
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)

Postby msh1064 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:22 am

I have heard a little bit about this festival, is it a good time? I will be in the area this weekend, is it still possible to get tickets/campsite?

Postby smason505 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:31 am

msh1064 - There are limited tickets still available at: http://www.tellurideblues.com/.

RockyMtn - See you all down there. Ill be wearing a bright orange fur-lined parka when possible. If you see me, come have a beer.