Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Several High PA peaks in a day

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA

Several High PA peaks in a day

Postby TK » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Thought I'd give this a shot since there's so many fun people here.

Now that I only return to Colorado on occasions, I've been working on a local project to climb the top 50 peaks in my current state (Pennsylvania). There's no guidebook at all, so it's a totally different ball game.

I've scouted a route to cross 4 of the top 11 peaks in a day, with a little bit of road running in between peaks. I'm working on getting permission from a couple of land owners. I wouldn't mind having an ambitious and competent partner. If I can sort out the access issues, would anyone be interested?

Mt. Davis (#1), Glade Mtn. (#3), Winding Ridge (#11), and Boardman Ridge (#4). You should expect bush-wacking through a bit of thick forest on Winding Ridge, and possibly the upper stretch of Boardman Ridge.
"If you're not sure where you are, but you haven't taken the time to stop and look at the map, you're not lost, just lazy." -Darran Wells

Re: Several High PA peaks in a day

Postby rlovingjr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 am

The views are drastically different when climbing mountains in my home state or should I say lack of views.

Most of the stuff we climbed was near out township's hunting cabin in Potter County

Enjoy the new surroundings and get out of the woods before hunting season.