Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

What is your favorite movie series?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

What is your favorite movie series?

Star Wars
40%
Die Hard
6%
Lord of the Rings
33%
Lethal Weapon
3%
Star Trek
3%
Matrix
6%
Rocky
3%
American Pie
No votes
Rush Hour
2%
Alien/Predator (since they are connected)
3%

Total votes : 63

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:58 pm

ColoMtnHiker wrote:Favorite movie series, spit in the toliet, DUI advice. What has any of this got to do with mountains? There has to be some place better to discuss this stuff, Craigs List maybe?

Uh oh. . . someone has his panties in a bind :wink:
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby ColoMtnHiker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:37 pm

VWLover wrote:
ColoMtnHiker wrote:Favorite movie series, spit in the toliet, DUI advice. What has any of this got to do with mountains? There has to be some place better to discuss this stuff, Craigs List maybe?

Uh oh. . . someone has his panties in a bind :wink:

Actually, I don't have my panties in a bind. When I saw the thread I thought it was going to be about mountaineering movies. The point I was attempting to make is that I think this is a very specialized site that offers a wealth of information for hikers/climbers etc. I would love to hear your mountaineering stories, see your pictures, hear about the gear you like/dislike. My worry is that with over 5000 registered users that if we start a bunch of random threads not related to 14ers.com forum that we will soon be overwhelmed with threads that will take away from the value of this great resource.

Just my thoughts on matter and I will now leave. Actually, I do feel a slight discomfort in my shorts but think it is just gas!
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Postby Floyd » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:24 pm

I think the Bourne series is very underrated. I'm looking forward to the 3rd this summer. Godfather would be my favorite though.

Postby EastCoastClimber » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:32 pm

and just to make it clear everyone on this forum knows that any character from star wars would beat any charater from Lord of the Rings...I may have started a huge war, but we all know the truth

Postby EastCoastClimber » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:35 pm

Floyd wrote:I think the Bourne series is very underrated. I'm looking forward to the 3rd this summer. Godfather would be my favorite though.

I agree I love the Bourne movies can't wait to see Ultimatum...did anyone see Breach, is it kind of the same as the Bourne movies?

Postby cheeseburglar » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:40 pm

I vote for Monty Pithon!!!!!!

Postby skier25 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Yeah...I was looking for Indiana Jones too. It's always been my favorite. That first scene in the Last Crusade is the best!
Carry an ice axe and a clear mentality; they can both save your life.
I get acute mountain sickness when I am away from the mountains.

Postby duhonc » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Scary Movie Series!! NOT!!!

"You have a blue NOT suit."
"You have a blue suit PAUSE not."
"You have a blue suit..............................................................NOT!"

"High Five!!!!"

Bourne Trilogy...for sure!!!

Postby SanJuanDean » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:01 pm

I am awaiting the Ultimatum, which comes out August 3rd, and will finish the trilogy of the Bourne Series.

This is my vote for the best series.

Runner-up vote would go to Ocean's 11, 12 and 13.
Meet me in the San Juans, where the soul is refreshed and the world still has dew on it.

Postby steverino33 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 pm

This is not really a "series" but what about the Jack Ryan movies from the Tom Clancy books.
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
The Sum of All Fears

Ford was the best Jack Ryan.

Also, and my pick of the best movie series -ever- can be spoken in one word... "Bond"
-Steve

"Wherever you go... there you are!"
Buckaroo Bonzai

Postby Hacksaw » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Bond....

James Bond....

Actually, in the James Bond book, High Time to Kill, James Bond has to climb Kangchenjunga (an 8000 meter peak) to retrieve a microdot (containing something super secret, etc, etc.....) from an airplane crash near the summit..... 8)

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't made this one into a moive yet. :shock:

The climbing descriptions are "interesting." Its a worthwhile book to bring along on a long expedition for a few laughs..... :P

Actually, the better thread to start is, "What books have you taken on expeditions?" (Where, when, why and were they any good, etc.....) :D

Cheers,
Halsted
"True love is much easier to find with a helicopter."

Postby sudnstop » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:14 pm

I have to go w/ the 'spaghetti westerns' also and the Bond movies. I did not see a mention of Austin Powers, Underworld , or KILL BILL...
Cheers,
Greg

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

PreviousNext