Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

What is your favorite movie series?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Star Wars
40%
Die Hard
6%
Lord of the Rings
33%
Lethal Weapon
3%
Star Trek
3%
Matrix
6%
Rocky
3%
American Pie
No votes
Rush Hour
2%
Alien/Predator (since they are connected)
3%

Total votes : 63

Postby summitrunner » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:09 am

I think we need a light hearted thread on this forum...DUIs, missing dogs, sad stuff lately. I just watched 'Live Free or Die Hard' this weekend and checked out Transformers (which could have a sequel) last night. Both pretty good action flicks that were fun for a few hours.

What is your favorite movie series? My favorite is Star Wars. I even like the three new ones which some don't care for.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." PRE

Postby Rockymtnhigh69 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:11 am

Indiana Jones... :D
On my first take-off, I hit second gear and went through the speed limit on a two-lane blacktop highway full of ranch traffic. By the time I went up to third, I was going 75 and the tach was barely above 4000 rpm....
And that's when the Ducati got its second wind. From 4000 to 6000 in third will take you from 75 mph to 95 in two seconds - and after that, Bubba, you still have fourth, fifth, and sixth. Ho, ho.

~Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

(VT)

Postby lordhelmut » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:12 am

I second that notion for Indiana Jones, Temple of Doom was kind of weird but Raiders and Crusade definately picked up the slack.

Postby mtnmike » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:16 am

I will freely admit to being a Trek-head (I know there are many more of you out there).

I will also admit that only about 2/3rds of the Trek movies have been good (ST 5 was horrific, no doubt about it!!). But that still leaves a lot of quality sci-fi brain candy!!
mtnMike
http://www.fourteeners.org

"Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." - Ed Viesturs

Postby grizz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 am

Star Wars. All of them.

My wife got me the full set for Christmas
Colorado Native

Postby Poindexter » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:23 am

In my opinion few things beat the original Star Wars series; though I don't think the later editions were quite up to snuff. That being said I actually voted for LOTR, because I'm a big fan of Tolkien and feel that the movies were incredibly well-done.

Postby CarolinaGirl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 am

indiana jones for sure!

and i'm gonna have to say pirates too.. i have this weird thing for cap'n jack sparrow...
'From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty...'

Postby paully » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 am

Lord of the Rings, no doubt about it.

Matrix could have been up there if the second and third installations had been as strong and as mind-blowing as the first.

New Star Wars just sucked. I'm not sure how else to put it. Clearly aimed at the younger generation, while the originals were for all generations. Jar-jar was an eye-and-ear-sore, his whole race was in fact. Anakin was a little pu$$y, and the whole thing was just disjointed, teeming with one-liners and stupid antics. The last one was ok, but only because it utilized well-known and much anticipated events, like the turning of Anakin Skywalker to the dark side and the creation of Darth Vader.

Indiana Jones gets my runner-up vote.

Postby ChloeBlue » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:47 am

summitrunner, you forgot Harry Potter! :D
I'll vote for Star Wars instead.

Great topic - thank you for posting!

Postby jaymz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:55 am

BACK TO THE FUTURE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though I can point out a few logical/temporal inconsistencies if I watch all 3 consecutively, that series set the standard for light-hearted time travel discussions, e.g., coming face-to-face with yourself in the future and creating a paradox that destroys the universe :-k .
For example, my girlfriend and I rented "DejaVu" a couple of weeks ago, and she got confused about the ending, so I had to explain it to her by appealing to Back to the Future 2; "Haven't you seen Back to the Future?!?!?"

Besides, how can a series whose soundtrack relies so heavily on Huey Lewis and the News be bad? :D

Postby summitrunner » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 am

I can't believe I left off Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, and Harry Potter! Spiderman, X-Men, Superman, and Batman too. There is a limit to the number of options in the poll. If I knew I could replace Rush Hour, American Pie, and Alien/Predator I would have! My bad everyone!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." PRE

Postby tators_tots » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:51 am

Spiderman... AMAZING!
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for he who promised is faithful.
-Hebrews 10:23

Next