Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Excel spreadsheet of Colorado 14ers

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Excel spreadsheet of Colorado 14ers

Postby ekviatnie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Has anyone created an excel spreadsheet or other database computer software to track their Colorado climbs? If so, would you be willing to share? I am interested in tracking my 13ers and 14ers. Thanks.

Re: Excel spreadsheet of Colorado 14ers

Postby twotyerfryer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm

You could use Lists of John.

http://listsofjohn.com

Postby dehrlich101 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Or use this website to track your 14ers and 13ers.

Go to Forum, User Peak Checklist, Update your 14er checklist or update your 13ers checklist
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby Derby Ale » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Or if you really want to use Excel, click the "14ers" tab on the top left. Then use your cursor to highlight the table by starting at "Rank" and then dragging to the end of the table. Ctrl+C to copy.

Now go into Excel. Right-Click in the cell you want to start the spreadsheet. Choose "Paste Special" and then choose "Unicode Text".

Done.

Postby ekviatnie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Derby Ale, you are brilliant! I did exactly as you said for both the 13ers and 14ers lists and now have a beautiful excel sheet. I very much appreciate everyone that has responded to my query- our 14ers.com community is fantastic! If anyone would like the excel file, message me and I would be happy to mail it. It has two pages- one for 13ers and one for 14ers. Thanks again everyone!

Postby d_baker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 pm

ekviatnie wrote:Derby Ale, you are brilliant! I did exactly as you said for both the 13ers and 14ers lists and now have a beautiful excel sheet.

+1.
And a thanks to Bill too! ;)

Postby Derby Ale » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Well thanks for the accolades. I just spend WAY too much time using Excel at work. I'd consider myself a power-user, but my knowledge falls far short of the true capabilities in Excel.

Postby litote312 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I use excel to track my progress. I have a few different tables ordering mountains by completion date. Summits reached, solo hikes, winter hikes, 3000' gained, etc all have their own table. Kinda nice to have individual tables for each as opposed to one summarized table, in my opinion at least. I also have a few tables devoted to miscellaneous data such as % completion of each mountain range's 14ers or 13ers and trailhead/camping sites, as well as future trip plans.

Working on writing VBA code to pull up my pictures and trip reports from these tables if possible, but I'll need a decent amount of free time for that haha.

Postby Derby Ale » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I spend so much time in Excel, I could compile all that info into one sheet except pulling pictures in.

Hell, if I get REALLY bored at work, maybe I'll do something like that and share it.

Postby litote312 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 am

Derby Ale wrote:I spend so much time in Excel, I could compile all that info into one sheet except pulling pictures in.

Hell, if I get REALLY bored at work, maybe I'll do something like that and share it.

Yeah, please post here if you do! That'd be cool to see.

Postby d_baker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 am

Has anyone seen a table on this site that displays all of the 14ers and 13ers (sorted by elevation) using the same formatting?

EDIT: For instance, when clicking on the 14ers tab (as pointed out above), a continuation of the 14ers onto the list of 13ers would be cool to see, using the same formatting. On 13ers.com, I don't see an option to include the 14ers. On 14ers.com, under our user checklist, we can view both 14ers and 13ers but they're formatted by range and not in the same way that the 14ers tab list is done. Make sense?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 am

d_baker wrote:Has anyone seen a table on this site that displays all of the 14ers and 13ers (sorted by elevation) using the same formatting?

EDIT: For instance, when clicking on the 14ers tab (as pointed out above), a continuation of the 14ers onto the list of 13ers would be cool to see, using the same formatting. On 13ers.com, I don't see an option to include the 14ers. On 14ers.com, under our user checklist, we can view both 14ers and 13ers but they're formatted by range and not in the same way that the 14ers tab list is done. Make sense?

Try the "Export to File..." option on the upper right of the edit your peak list page. From the export page, you can select 14ers+13ers and export them to CSV format which can be opened in Excel. The export page has a few different options, including Google Earth and GPX outputs.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for. Now that I look at it, it's probably the best option for the OP, too.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Next