Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

VOTE - FINAL Round - Individual Dance Off 2013

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Who deserves to be crowned the 2013 Individual Dance Off Champion?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Lady McClimbsalot --- Super Freaky on Capitol Peak
39%
HarknessHooligans --- Gangnam Style on Grays Peak
26%
MonGoose --- Ice Axe Dance on Mt Columbia
35%

Total votes : 202

Re: VOTE - FINAL Round - Individual Dance Off 2013

Postby jrs1965 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:07 am

Big thanks to the contestants, very inspirational. My 10 year old son who has yet to climb a 14er said he want to enter the dance-off next year!
Last edited by jrs1965 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby semitrueskerm » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:29 am

8 Hours Left to VOTE!

I will be submitting my vote after this post.

First, what a contest! The fact of the matter is that NONE of us knew what the hell we getting into last year and the quality of all dancin' in 2013 was much better than 2012. So congrats to all.

Tough call, but I'm voting on dance creativity. Harkness had the best routine, by far. Points for a one-take dance that was very fun to watch! McClimbsalot, alone, had the best gumption, dancing in front of a tough summit crowd...yet she managed to engage one of the summiteers..as well as the audience. Likewise, a one-take impressive performance. But, I am voting for the Goose, my one-time arch nemesis before I retired. While I don't like that he produced and edited his dance submission, it is hard to argue against the pure entertainment value. Harkness had the Gangman routine...McClimbsalot had the saxophone...but the final OVER THE TOP dance move, and sealed the deal for me, was the pogo stick ice ax move. Mothergoose, you should TRADEMARK that as your signature move!

Congrats to all! Polishing the trophies and planning to award the winners at the November HH.

Thanks to all!

--SemiTrueSkerm
2012 14er Dance Off Challenge Champion

Postby semitrueskerm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:03 pm

OFFICIAL!!!!

Congratulations to LADY McCLIMBSALOT!!!!

Folks, let's clear up the air here for those suggest otherwise…it's COMPLETELY LEGIT! It's been certified, verified, recounted, and approved by our 14ers.com site administrator.

She is the official 2013 14er Dance Off Challenge Champion!

"Riding a wave of momentum from making summit on Capitol Peak a few minutes before, the Lady they call McClimbsalot said…"To Hell with a crowded summit…I'm gonna dance my "arse" off in front of these fellow summiteers." With that, McClimbsalot unleashed a furry of dance moves and encouraged the fairly oblivious chaps on the summit to join in. After not getting anyone to play along, she finally got a mountain man to play an imaginary saxophone. That sort of gumption in front of tough summit crowd deserves to be celebrated! Those who have danced on a summit in front of a camera, let alone others, deserves recognition…and in this case…the 2013 14ers Dance Off Challenge Title."

Congrats McClimbsolot and please attend the the November 7th Happy Hour in Denver to be awarded the Dance Off Cup!!!

http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41949

Along those same lines, the spectacular ladies of the Crestone Needle are also asked to show up and join their group organizer, BERGSTEIGEN, to accept the 2013 14ers Dance Off Challenge GROUP Champion Cup!!!

As I will not be able to attend the Thursday Hour Happy on November 7th, I hauled the GROUP Champions Cup (sort of) to the Summit of Quandary on Saturday and awarded to BERGY, who accepted on behalf of her fellow Needler's.

Finally, a hearty congrats to the mother MONGOOSE, who now has been runner-up in the 2012 Individual Inaugural Dance Off Challenge, runner-up in the 2013 Individual Dance Off Challenge, and runner-up in the 2013 GROUP Dance-Off Challenge (along with his Winter Pike's Climbers)…

He is the Mongoose. He IS the 3-Time Dance Off Runner Up. One of these days you may be able to drink from the cup…but not yet…

CHEERS!
CONGRATS to all!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm

semitrueskerm wrote:Folks, let's clear up the air here for those suggest otherwise…it's COMPLETELY LEGIT! It's been certified, verified, recounted, and approved by our 14ers.com site administrator.

Wait... what? :-s That doesn't sound like something I'd do. :lol:
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby semitrueskerm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
semitrueskerm wrote:Folks, let's clear up the air here for those suggest otherwise…it's COMPLETELY LEGIT! It's been certified, verified, recounted, and approved by our 14ers.com site administrator.

Wait... what? :-s That doesn't sound like something I'd do. :lol:

Sounds like an endorsement to me!!! =D>

(Plus, I was told by Mongoose that he even recruited you to try to reverse the vote. Appreciate your participation to ensure the integrity of this contest, and, as rumor has it, to deny Mongoose ( :^o ) that extra box of ballets he mysteriously "found"….)

Postby Lady McClimbsalot » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 pm

DRINKS ALL AROUND!!!!!!!!! And to a salty Mongoose... There, there, old chap. You tried your best (in both categories), and that's what counts. =D> If you ever need tips on being awesome and hilarious, you can PM me any time.

Semitrue, I appreciate your kind words. I'm blushing over here! I can't wait to sip from the sweet goblet of success!

And Mr. Middlebrook, again, I'm just honored you know who I am \:D/ As I've said before, my life is now complete.

See you all Thursday!!!
I'll climb till I dye!

Postby Lady McClimbsalot » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm

12ersRule wrote:Congrats to LadyMcCaresALot!!!!!

Icare.jpg
Icare.jpg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 194 times
I'll climb till I dye!

Previous